IMPROVE YOUR LIFE
Counseling for a healthy, balanced, one-of-a-kind life.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO KEEP SUFFERING…
*Emotional pain is silent and invisible, but it cripples our lives.
*We can get stuck in a mindset and in behaviors that don’t serve us.
*Life can become limited to merely surviving verses thriving.
You are not just another client…
♦ I’ll get to know YOU; your unique goals, strengths, challenges & needs.
♦ I’ll help you develop the right mindset & skills to live a life that is connected to others & fullfilling.
♦ I’ll walk beside you every step of the way because I’m committed to your growth.
– THERAPY MUDITA – my private practice in Lodi, Wi
Hi! I'm Sarah...
I’ve worked as a Licensed Professional Counselor for the past 23 years and I remain committed to helping my clients find meaningful happiness in each of their lives. My therapy style is compassionate, direct and creative while I approach mental health from a mind-body paradigm.
SERVICES OFFERED AT THERAPY MUDITA:
THERAPY FOR WOMEN
Individual counseling available for women who want to live a more empowered life.
THERAPY FOR MEN
Individual counseling with men who want more practical strategies for managing the demands of life.
Marriage counseling (or any committed relationship) that focuses on building a safe and flexible bond that offers both support and freedom.
Convenient and confidential online counseling services available to any Wisconsin resident!
“When I first started working with Sarah I would say that I was in a state of confusion; unsure of what direction to go in my life and lacked the confidence to trust that I would make the right decision. Sarah listened attentively to me. She never rushed me. She was warm and accepting. She showed empathy. She helped me to recognize that I am not alone in my struggles. Sarah provided me with critical feedback helping me not only to have better insight about myself but also to see the perspectives of others. Through my work with Sarah I now feel more confident n myself, I engage in less personalization, and have better relationships in my family. I am truly thankful to have had Sarah be my mental health mentor.”
“Sarah is a kind, compassionate soul with the capabilities to endure and absorb an overload of broken and negative energy. She helped me into a better place with patience, kindness, and a genuine empathy that I have never experienced throughout a lifetime of struggles. For me, Sarah has been the shelter from the storm that I have needed to safely rest and heal in order to become less fearful and more functional in my day to day life.”
~ Christopher (44)
“Sarah is very connected to how I feel and where I am. She always manages to get me out of the hole and back on the positive track! I am never afraid to say anything to her. Not judgmental and always ready to share a story and smile.”
~ Hope (63)
“Sarah walks with us on this journey as a friend and fellow being on the path of life, radiating God’s goodness and grace, through her compassionate care, kindness and concern for the sacred Other.”
~ Candace (41)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
WHY DO YOU OFFER 50 and 90-MINUTE SESSIONS?
50-minute sessions are standard in the field of psychology and offer a nice amount of time to process issues of importance for many clients.
Sometimes, however, the basic 50-minute session can feel rushed and remain "surface-based" for clients who take a bit more time to feel comfortable enough to engage in therapy. Thus, 90- minute sessions are offered to anyone who would benefit from more time in a session.
Offering longer length sessions to my clients provides:
- Time to settle into the session and get "present" (out of rush-mode) and comfortable. (**A variety of beverages are available for you to enjoy during our chat, including sparkling water, tea, coffee and soda. 🙂
- Time to gain a greater level of understanding about yourself because we can delve deeper into patterns and themes in your life.
- Time away from our fast paced world to learn to "be" and become intentionally connected to our inner self; our hurts and our longings.
- Time to process issues and concerns more deeply allows the healing and learning process to move along more quickly.
- Time to collect yourself and re-establish a readiness for functioning outside of the therapy office without feeling rushed or emotionally raw & vulnerable.
WHAT IS THE COST OF A SESSION?
90 minutes/$115 *
* The extended session length is a unique offering at Therapy Mudita.
*Payment is collected at the time of service. Cash, check, credit card or Health Savings Account (Pre-tax, "Flex spending" for medical bills) payments accepted.
DO YOU TAKE INSURANCE?
No. I have chosen to move out of the insurance system.
While this may seem odd at first, let me explain my SIX reasons for not taking insurance:
1. I want to be able to provide longer length, 90-minute sessions for my clients. (Only basic sessions up to 50 minutes are covered by insurance.)
2. By choosing to pay out-of-pocket for counseling, the work you do in your sessions is kept confidential between you and me, your therapist. Most insurance companies require access to your session notes so that they can make determinations about your care.
3. When using insurance, it is mandatory to give you a mental illness diagnosis for billing purposes. This diagnosis becomes part of your permanent medical record which may affect life insurance policies and certain careers. (Unfair, but currently true.)
4. I want to be able to privide the most effective and evidence-based treatment to my clients. Not all diagnoses and treatment modalities are covered by insurance companies and some insurance companies only cover an allotted a number of sessions in therapy. As you can see, these restrictions may not allow me to provide the most effecive treatment to you at all times.
5. Most people have high deductible plans that they likely won't meet within the year. This means that going through your insurance company might actually cost you more money out of pocket.
6. Finally, I am not wired to chase down money from insurance companies. The billing red tape is very complex and I am simply not money motivated enough to fight with the insurance monoliths. (Needless to say, I didn't go into the helping field to be rich. 😉
For all of these reasons, I am a pay-for-service private practice.
As a private-pay practice, payment is collected at the time of service. Cash, check or credit cards or HSA payments** are accepted.
- **You are able to use your Health Savings Account monies toward payment.
- I can also make available a "Superbill" (or a Statement for Reimbursement form) that you can submit to your insurance company. If your insurance company allows out-of-network mental health coverage, you will be reimbursed at their out-of-network rate. It is usually between 50-80% of what you pay. (Call the number on the back of your insurance card and ask: "Do you cover out of network mental health services? What is your reimbursement rate?")
WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?
I have a cozy office in Lodi, WI at 602 Corner Street. I am located next to Spring Creek Familly Chiropractic Clinic and Lucy's Diner. See the map below.
**Look for the bright pink sign in the window.
WHAT DAYS & HOURS ARE YOU OPEN?
Tuesday: 8am - 7pm
Wednesday: 8am - 7pm
Friday: 8am - noon
HOW DO I SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT?
Click on the "Schedule" button to be taken to my safe, online scheduling system.
Or you are welcome to call me at (608) 616-4020 if you would rather skip the high tech stuff! 😉
Your next steps…
CHOOSE TO INVEST IN YOURSELF
2. Take action:
CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW TO:
*SCHEDULE A SESSION
*SCHEDULE A FREE 15-MINUTE CONSULTATION FIRST
3. Feel results:
PARTICIPATE IN COUSELING & ELEVATE YOUR LIFE